Berty Messenger: Private, secure, distributed. Even works offline!
You might wonder why you should be interested in another instant messenger app? Berty comes with heaps of neat feature, is packed in an appealing and modern design. It's secure but at the same time easy-to-use. It could be something your friends actually going to use.
Berty is a privacy-first messaging application built on top of the Berty Protocol.
- Secure and private
- Messages are end-to-end encrypted by default.
- Metadata is kept to a minimum.
- No phone number or email address is required to create an account.
- Built to retain its properties even when used on adversarial networks.
- Decentralized, distributed, peer-to-peer and serverless.
- No internet connection is required, thanks to BLE technology and mDNS.
- Free forever and open-source.
Berty is designed to be used as an everyday messaging application. Nonetheless, it was built to primarily serve the following use cases:
- When you need to share sensitive information over untrusted networks, for instance while traveling.
- If you want to communicate anonymously.
- If you want full control over your data and thus don't want to rely on third-party servers.
- In countries that actively monitor and temper with their network, restricting its use and censoring some of its contents.
- In areas with weak or no connection at all.
Berty is currently developed by Berty Technologies, a French nonprofit organization.
Berty Messenger Links:
- Website: https://berty.tech/
- GitHub: https://github.com/berty
- App Store: https://apps.apple.com/tt/app/berty/id1535500412
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tech.berty.android
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/berty
- Discord: https://discord.com/invite/mVfsEUmgSf